Re: Network config

On Saturday 05 August 2017 04:13:24 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 12:11:28AM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 10:14:20AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [chattr]
>
> > Another command that could be add to /e/n/i :)
>
> you nasty ;-)
>
> cheers
> -- t

Why do you say that Tomas? I've been using it precisely because the early
versions of network mangler could not be removed without emasculating
the whole system, AND it couldn't find a dhcpd server with both hands
even if it was nailed to its ass. So it would tear down a working
network config and leave you stuck.

My address xxxx = hostname based home network, several machines, Just
Works(TM).  So I sit here and wonder why an estimated 50% of the posts
here are network failures. But I got tired of advising how to make it
Just Work(TM) and being called an idiot for doing so. So I sit, read,
and chuckle.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)