Re: Problem with port forwards for LXC Masqueraded Bridge, page outdated?

On Fri, 4 Aug 2017, jakob notland wrote:

Hello dear Debian support

This question refers to the following page:
https://wiki.debian.org/LXC/MasqueradedBridge

The problem I am having is that I am trying to run the commands
under section "1. Port forwads":

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -d $external_ip -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j DNAT --to-destination 10.3.0.2
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i lxc-nat-bridge -d $external_ip -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j DNAT --to-destination 10.3.0.2
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d $external_ip -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j DNAT --to-destination 10.3.0.2

All the commands returns "Bad argument `conntrack'",

Is the variable $external_ip defined?

If $external_ip expands to an empty string, then the subsequent '-m'
flag will get interpreted as the argument of '-d' and, consequently,
'conntrack' is a bad argument.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, sorry for the noise.

when I tried to run them both on my ubuntu laptop and my jessie rpi
(my main goal here is to create the lxc bridge on jessie). Could
this documentation be outdated? If so, could you please help me
figuring out the right commands? If not, do you have some clues
about what I am doing wrong?

Best regards

Jakob Notland

--

Sucks that Han was literally the only one who didn't see Leia in that outfit
- Cheap Painkiller (@Taste_Fire) 2017-07-31