Re: Live recording

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

> Jeremy Nicoll <jn.ml.dbn.25@letterboxes.org> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Aug 2017, at 13:23, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>>
>>> 3) mic2 is stereo.
>>
>> Not necessarily.  It might be a mono signal that's been duplicated across
>> two outputs.

Is there, as far as you know, a mono microphone model that we can be sure it
does not do so?  I.e., its sound is heared on only one channel?

>> It's only 2-channel if it can record two separate sounds at the
>> same time.
>>
>> You can get microphones which, in a single unit, record more than one
>> channel at once.  Their labelling or artwork on them normally makes it
>> clear that they have L and R (or more than that) inputs.
>>
>> What makes and models are your mics?
>

> I can't tell, because they're old and I don't keep their specs.  One of them
> was given to me about 15 years ago, the other I don't even remember how I
> have it.  But I've got another teo: they are, each of them, part of a
> headphone.  They also let hear the recorded sound from both channels.  They
> are:
>
>  http://www.trust.com/it/product/11916-primo-chat-headset
>
> and
>
>  http://www.trust.com/it/product/20685-mauro-headset

Just now I received a reply from Trust assistence and they say the mic (Primo)
is mono.

Anyway, about my example above, can we conclude that mic1 is mono and that the
mic input of my PC is stereo...?

Thanks,

Rodolfo
oooo