Re: Arial vs. Helvetica.

On 02/08/17 16:34, Joe wrote:
Incidentally, serifs were invented to make blocks of text easier to
read, so Times or similar would be a better choice for paragraphs, with
a sans-serif font more suited to bold headings. Newspaper sites (not
surprisingly including The Times) use serif fonts.

On a computer screen, I tend to find that sans or quasi-sans (e.g. fonts where 'I' and 'l' have serifs but other letters mostly don't) fonts are more comfortable to read (and, in particular, hold up better at small point sizes).