Re: Q: systemd is restarting demons?

On 07/20/2017 07:23 PM, Hans wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering, if it is normal, that systemd is restarting a service, which I as root did
> stop. In may case it is laptools-mode.
>
> See the output of syslog:
> Jul 20 12:16:47 localhost laptop-mode: enabled, not active

laptop-mode-tools installs udev rules at
/lib/udev/rules.d/99-laptop-mode.rules that restarts lmt when you
plug/unplug your laptop or a usb device. It's how it determines whether
to enable or disable laptop-mode when the power supply changes or set
autosuspend on usb devices.

lmt also runs the script /lib/udev/lmt-udev every 150 seconds through
the systemd timer /lib/systemd/system/laptop-mode.timer to detect
battery changes. This script reloads/restarts the systemd service. You
may stop this timer, but lmt will still be restarted when you plug in
your laptop or a usb device.

Stopping laptop-mode.service and masking it through 'systemctl mask
laptop-mode.service' might stop lmt, but I'm not 100% sure, and I
haven't tested it. If it does work, you would need to unmask it
(systemctl unmask ...) in order to be able to enable it again.