Hello

I have problems with updating debian stretch ....you people say that
ftp mirrors are not going to serve debian any more i am in australia .I
am not a good command line user only the basics and a lot of reading
from forums on problems to solve but still i get it done ....now you
refer to switch to something like this on your web page......
On my attach there is a copy of the apt-get update/upgrade

5.1.2. FTP access to Debian hosted mirrors will be removed

Debian hosted mirrors will stop providing FTP access. If you have been
using the ftp: protocol in your sources.list, please migrate to http:.
Please consider the following example for migrating:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian          stretch         main
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main

# tor variant (requires apt-transport-tor)
# deb  tor+http://vwakviie2ienjx6t.onion/debian          stretch       ;
     main
# deb  tor+http://sgvtcaew4bxjd7ln.onion/debian-security
stretch/updates    main

And this is the rest of it,I tried to change it at the SINAPTIC PACKAGE

MANAGER .Can you explain it to me please forgive my ignorance my
knowledge is limited

http://security.debian.org/dists/stretch/updates/InRelease:
The key(s)
in the keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg are ignored as the
file is not
readable by user '_apt' executing
apt-
key.http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch-updates/InRelease:
key.http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/Release.gpg: The
key(s)
in the keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg are ignored as the file is
not
readable by user '_apt' executing apt-key.The repository
'http://deb.deb
ian.org/debian stretch/updates Release' does not have
a Release file.