Re: Audio CD Ripper: Best which use multicore for encoding?

Anonymous:
> TIA

Unless you have a very, very old multicore/multi-CPU system, the
bottleneck in CD ripping is reading from the disc. Encoding MP3s (or
whatever) should be considerably faster on any system from the past ten
(or so) years. Even my trusty D510 Atom CPU can encode faster than the
system can read from the CD. It always has some waiting time between
tracks when encoding to both Ogg Vorbis and FLAC at the same time. I use
abcde for that.

J.
--
Looking into my eyes is the only way you'll know I'm telling the truth.
[Agree]   [Disagree]