Re: moderncv class does not compile in Debian Stretch

> Where did you found this error? pdflatex output or *.log?> I have the same error in the *.log file but it is not prevent pdflatex
> form building the related .pdf.

Thanks for the answers.

The error is in pdflatex output, the pdf is never generated. I looked
at an old log from previous compilations and it seems that in the former
version if pdflatex was used, the class fall back to use the marvosym
symbols that do not require XeLatex. According to the documentation is
possible to use
\moderncvicons{marvosym}
to choose the old icon set instead of the fontawesome, but it is not
working.

Andrea