Re: can't start GUI mode debian 9

On 12/07/17 14:51, Agung Vega wrote:
Then what next? I want to use gui version
(I had sent an email about the same problem, before this one )

This email would be better sent to the debian-user mailing list. The debian-devel list is for the development of Debian. This is a user support question.

How did you install Debian 9? A minimal installation contains no GUI.

What desktop do you want? Log in as root and use the command-line tools to install the desktop you want. For example, to install XFCE and a full-featured suite of desktop applications:

apt-get update
apt-get install task-xfce-desktop

You can see the list here:
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/task-xfce-desktop

Restart your computer and you should be presented with a graphical login. The instructions are similar for other desktops including gnome, mate, cinnamon, lxde, and kde.

If you are on a laptop, you might also consider installing "task-laptop" for power management and wifi tools.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director