Re: xserver-xspice to remotely connect to my Debian desktop

Le quartidi 24 messidor, an CCXXV, Malte a écrit :
> I am trying to setup the xserver-xspice package to remotely connect to my
> Debian desktop. It claims to be more bandwidth efficient compared to VNC

You can also try xpra in « shadow » mode.

But I have to ask: are you sure that « remotely connect to [your] Debian
desktop » is really what suits your needs best?

I suspect most people who are looking for a remote desktop system have
heard of the feature from the Windows world, and Windows being itself
can only send the whole desktop over the wire. But they do not realize
that Unix and Linux systems have many ways of achieving the tasks that
can be done with a remote desktop, and some of these ways would probably
be more convenient for them, depending on their exact needs: just access
the files, attach to an existing application or run a new one, etc.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George