Couple things questions

Greetings all;

Running wheezy yet, fully uptodate.

1. Did I get stoned (unlikely, don't use the weed) and miss a memo
telling us that /var/log/messages had been deprecated? I noted this
morning as I was setting up my usual batch of monitoring tails, that its
last entry was back in May! Looking at /var/log/syslog, it looks like a
noisier version of /var/log/messages, so I'm tailing it. But syslog
seems not to be included in the log rotation as its >16 megabytes,
created around 60 days ago.

2. Where does the web analyzer utility called awstats, put its browser
viewable output file?  I can find awffull's output, which has not worked
to update what I see in about a month, in its usual /var/www/html/
location. Neither seems to have a manpage, so I haven't found any setup
instructions that might help to bring either or both back to life.
Preferably both.

Instructional URL's appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett