Re: stop your mail

Hi Joe,

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 12:51:20PM -0600, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> writes:
> > On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 05:18:54PM +0200, Sébastien Gautrin wrote:
> >> The proof of this is that they all have nearly the exact same content (some
> >> add the list mail, some don't), all being HTML messages formatted the same
> >> way.
> >
> > It may come as a shock to you but most non-technical email users use
> > HTML email.
>
> His point wasn't that they're all HTML, it's that they have nearly
> identical content and identically formatted HTML.

Probably because they are a one-line response to an identical set of
spams, sent by the same mail-sending library only because the
different people use the same email app on their phones? My point
was that you'd expect that sort of email even from different people.

It really doesn't take much imagination to see how multiple people
can send similar messages without requiring that there be some
co-ordinated attack on this mailing list. Less imagination, in fact.

Cheers,
Andy