Re: gpg finds no secret key when logging remotely after upgrade to stretch

Ricardo Yanez wrote:

> Is there a way to instruct gpg to request the passphrase in the
> old-fashioned way, in the terminal, when logged-in remotely via SSH?

I did something similar recently for to be able to build and sign packages
automatically in chroot, but it can be useful to you as well. I don't
recall the source where I got some of the commands, but here are my notes
on the subject

gpg agent

edit ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf, and add a line use-agent

edit ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf
pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry
no-grab
default-cache-ttl 86400

###+++--- GPGConf ---+++###
verbose
allow-mark-trusted
debug-level basic
log-file socket:///home/user/.gnupg/log-socket
###+++--- GPGConf ---+++###  7.06.2005 () 13,30,15 CEST
# GPGConf edited this configuration file.
# It will disable options before this marked block, but it will
# never change anything below these lines.

Then, restart your session, and you should have gpg-agent running and the
environment variable $GPG_AGENT_INFO set.

or

gpg-agent --daemon
gpg-connect-agent reloadagent /bye
eval $(gpg-agent)