Re: Debain 9 dhclient or network problem

On 11 July 2017 at 07:48, Franz Angeli <franz.angeli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a problem with dhclient:
>
> for example interface name eno52 (tg3, Broadcom Limited NetXtreme
> BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01) :
>
> root@********:~# dhclient eno52 -v
> Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.3.5
> Copyright 2004-2016 Internet Systems Consortium.
> All rights reserved.
> For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

> if i use the same ethernet cable on my laptop all works fine... (DHCP
> lease and so on)

My first guess would be that the order of the network interfaces
differ between Debian 8 and 9 and that you should try the cable on the
other interfaces.

In the past (many years ago) it was a known problem that eth0 on the
new system used for another interface.  I don't know whether this is
still the case. It had been some time that I had to build a server.

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)