Re: P.S. Re: Debian 9 in a VM with Proxmox 5 system

Hi!

Maximilian, why are you using 'route' in those post-up and pre-down
directives?
This is not updated to ip route, sorry!

More importantly, why are you using post-up and pre-down directives to
add default routing? Is there a reason why your netmask is
255.255.255.255?
My hoster says in a wiki that when I want to add my ip address to a VM over a bridged network I must use this netmask.

Assuming that you're on a /24 subnet (meaning, the netmask is
255.255.255.0), then try something like this, instead:

auto ens18
iface ens18 inet static
    address IP.V4.ADDR.ESS
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway ROOTER.IPV4.ADDR.ESS

I tried it, but I still the network is unreachable.

Now, this is my config:

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address A.B.C.D
    netmask 255.255.255.255
    broadcast A.B.C.D
    post-up ip route add A.B.C.ROOTER dev eth0
    post-up ip route add default via A.B.C.ROOTER
    pre-down ip route del A.B.C.ROOTER dev eth0
    pre-down ip route del default via A.B.C.ROOTER

And I also tried this:

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address A.B.C.D
    netmask 255.255.255.255
    broadcast A.B.C.D

And this:

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address A.B.C.D
    netmask 255.255.255.255
    broadcast A.B.C.D
    gateway A.B.C.ROOTER

And this:

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address A.B.C.D
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    broadcast A.B.C.D
    gateway A.B.C.ROOTER

And finally this:

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address A.B.C.D
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    broadcast A.B.C.D
    gateway A.B.C.ROOTER

--------

BUT all of this configs where accepted with no error by the networking service, but I do not get any connection to the server or from the server!!!

Cheers,
Maximilian