Not sure where to report a bug / feature request relating to /var/run/reboot-required.pkgs

Dear debian-users,

I would like to report a wishlist bug (slash feature request) relating to how reboot-required.pkgs is used, but I'm not sure if there's even a single package that it applies to. Perhaps this is a debian policy thing, but I can't find any mention of reboot-required in https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/policy.pdf so perhaps that's the wrong tree to bark up.

I'm advised by https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting to ask here for advice, so here I am, how should I proceed with this?

For context, the nature of the bug/feature request are as follows:

The contents of the reboot-required.pkgs file in could really do with some more information about the package versions and the timing of the request - that way I can look at the changelog to see what rebooting will get me in terms of bugfixes etc. (eg. if the update fixes a typo in a rare error message but the change can't take effect without a reboot (looking at you, dbus), that reboot is going to wait until I have a better reason to reboot - if it fixes a major security issue, that reboot will happen as soon as reasonably possible)

Cheers & God bless
Sam "SammyTheSnake" Penny