Re: Problems with missing information in MATE's "help system"

On Fri 30 Jun 2017 at 06:17:49 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 06/30/2017 05:00 AM, Liam O'Toole wrote:

> >>I don't understand. I can't believe a DE doesn't have a menu system.
> >>Does it not have an Edit Preferences or some such. Then look for
> >>Startup Programs in whatever Edit Preferences throws up, menu or
> >>dialog box.
> >>
> >>Cheers,
> >>David.
> >
> >If it's anything like GNOME 2 it will under System -> Preferences ->
> >Startup Applications from the top panel.
> >

> In Mate 1.16.2 (Stretch):
>   System->Preferences->Personal->Startup Applications
> In Mate 1.8.1 (Jessie):
>   System->Preferences->Startup Applications
>
> I think there were two problems:
>   The choices were not as expected it

I don't suppose we'll find out what your expectations were.
As a non-user of DEs (computers not powerful enough), my
expectations were based on not much more than Windows 95's
infamous Start button, and Netscape Navigator's menus, if
you remember them.

>   The help system presentation probably more in sync with Jessie

I don't see much difference in the examples quoted above…
but are you offering to rewrite?

Cheers,
David.