Re: Stretch and network management

Networkmanager out, wicd in.

I purge both of these from the system an installed them one at a time, network-manager first.  It always connects to the wired interface but won't act reliably with the wireless connection.  I tried every which way but get either  a 'not managed' or 'not 'available' note in NM no matter what I put in the config files, or not.  No difference when using 'managed= TRUE or FALSE , or any other entries for that matter.  unreliable.

Wicd works and connects first time up after an install and reboot but even so, some of the display information is not reliable.  It connects to my wifi but there is no listing for it in the panel, as well as no other wifi networks are listed either.  Just a bit more problems and I'll just make it a manual installation or run another cable to bypass the entire issue.

Bottom line is there is something amiss with network interaction with both of these tools with the change from jessie to stretch.

tjm