How to attach a fully encrypted drive to Stretch

Hello,

Rather than upgrading my Jessie system, I decided to go with a fresh
install of Stretch on a new SSD.

I have an adapter to connect my older Jessie (fully encrypted) SATA HDD
to a USB port. Simply plugin the older disk/adapter into the freshly
installed Stretch doesn't seem to work (I'm not being prompted for a
passphrase).

The encryption on Jessie was done at install time following the guided
install ("use entire disk and setup encrypted LVM").

What is the proper way to access the data on that drive when connected
to the host system via a USB adapter ?

I found an answer on
<https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/186375/mount-encrypted-volume-in-debian>
but do not know if it is valid and am not keen on running undocumented
commands/commands that I do not understand.

Thank you in advance for your help :)

CA