Re: apt-get upgrade problem

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017, Mike McClain wrote:

When I do 'apt-get upgrade', I get the following:
 firefox-esr
and firefox/iceweasel is what I was hoping to upgrade.
Can someone point me at where to look to see why I can't upgrade
iceweasel?

% man apt-get
  [...]
  upgrade
    [...] Packages currently installed with new versions available are
    retrieved and upgraded; UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE CURRENTLY
    INSTALLED PACKAGES REMOVED, OR PACKAGES NOT ALREADY INSTALLED
    RETRIEVED AND INSTALLED. New versions of currently installed
    packages that cannot be upgraded without changing the install
    status of another package will be left at their current
    version. [...]

  dist-upgrade
    dist-upgrade in addition to performing the function of upgrade,
    also intelligently handles changing dependencies with new versions
    of packages; apt-get has a "smart" conflict resolution system, and
    it will attempt to upgrade the most important packages at the
    expense of less important ones if necessary. The dist-upgrade
    command may therefore remove some packages. [...]

  [...]
  install
    [...] All packages required by the package(s) specified for
    installation will also be retrieved and installed.[...]

  [...]