Re: How to migrate from sid to stable?

Hello,

Reading this, I have a question along these lines: back when we're unfrozen, and migration from sid to testing to stable was more linear, I encounter the same problem (I was on sid, and wanted to migrate to something more stable).  I solved this for myself by pointing my sources to testing and waiting (for 15 months or so) for testing to become stable (in less than a week now...).

Can anyone comment on the efficacy and pitfalls surrounding this method?

One clear one is that I'm not getting security updates.  Given the circumstances, this is not too troubling, as my uptime is 2 hours a week (when I back up to the machine in question, else it's off and unplugged....).

If what I did was "hijack the thread", please accept my apologies and let me know, so I don't do it again....

Cheers!