How To Fix: Firewire IRQ Errors on Reboot

I would like to share another discovery. This one fixed my firewire IRQ errors when rebooting my ThinkPad T61.

(Not-So-Obligatory) Disclaimer:
-------------------------------

While, I do not notice any change in overall functionality of the laptop as a result of this fix, I also do not know what the referenced setting is really used for. Do this at your own risk! I hold no responsibility for the outcome!

System:
-------

IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Laptop
* This may (or may not) work on other ThinkPad Laptops.

Debian 9 (Stretch) RC4
4.9.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.25-1 (2017-05-02)

Problem Description:
--------------------

I came across the following errors whenever rebooting:

irq 17: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option
handlers:
[<fffffffc01b8c10] irq_handler [firewire_ohci]
[<fffffffc0074040] usb_hcd_irq [usbcore]
Disabling IRQ #17

How To Fix:

Edit as root: /etc/default/grub

Change:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="irqpoll"

NOTE: If you have another option in the command line, then use spaces to separate each option. Example:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="[option1] irqpoll"

$ sudo update-grub

(NOTE: The 2nd reboot should show no more errors.)