Delivery to accounts of the same domain on two different servers

Hi all!

I am gradually migrating the accounts of a server (let's say
mail1.domain.com) to another server (let's say mail2.domain.com).

In mail2.domain.com I'm using something like this:

virtual_alias_domains = domain.com

Where /etc/postfix/virtual has something like this:

john@domain.com       john

John is a SASL user. Delivery on this way is working. The current MX is
mail1.domain.com and mail2.domain.com is receiving emails via fetchmail.

The issue arises when a mailbox migrated to be used from
mail2.domain.com wants to send an email to a non-migrated mailbox. I get
something like this:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
5.1.1 <nataly@domain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
virtual alias table.
 Please check the message recipient "nataly@domain.com" and try again.

Is there a way to get Postfix at mail2.domain.com knows that the
mailboxes of domain.com for non-migrated accounts are at
mail1.domain.com? Maybe using a transport table?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Kind regards,
Daniel