Add unknown keyboard key

Hey,

I have an older Asus R2E UMPC. A long time it has Windows installed on it, because I only used it as a navigation device. And an attempt, long ago, to install and run Fedora on it, didn't work. But time has changed, Windows 10 is sluggish. So I give it an other try with Debian Sid (The same version I run on my desktop). So far so good. The touchscreen and fingerprint reader works. And even with Gnome3 the performance is good. There is only one issue so far: an extra button on the device.

There are 4 extra buttons and I remapped them with xmodmap. And it looks like they work, because when I run
xev -event keyboard
The keys are correct:
- keycode 112 XF86ScrollUp
- keycode 117 XF86ScrollDown
- keycode 234 XF86Launch0
- keycode 248 XF86Launch1  <-- This one doesn't work

But when I run:
evtest /dev/input/event9
I get
Event code 226 (KEY_MEDIA)
Event code 240 (KEY_UNKNOWN) <-- minus 8 from the kernel?

Pressing the XF86Launch1 (KEY_UNKNOWN) button dmesg gives:
asus_laptop: Unknown key 9a pressed

I added an udev hwdb rule to /etc/udev/hwdb.d/70-keyboard.hwdb
evdev:name:Asus Laptop extra buttons:dmi:bvn*:bvr*:bd*:svnASUS:pn*pvr*
 KEYBOARD_KEY_9a=prog1

But when I add a shortcut with Gnome Keyboard settings. I can add the key to an shortcut, but nothing happens when I press the button. When I add one of the other buttons to a shortcut, they work as expected.

Maybe someone has an idea to solve this problem?

Floris