Re: Missing update notification on Stretch Gnome

>>> Open software and updates and check settings under updates tab?
>>>

>> Done, here is what I have:
>>
>> Install updates from:
>>   security updates (stretch/updates)
>>   recommended updates (stretch-updates)
>> Automatically check for updates: daily
>> When there are security updates: display immediately
>> Whene there are other updates: <blank>
>>

> Please, do not reply to me directly, I'm subscribed to the mailing
> list, you should send mail there.

Please apologize, I am used to other mail client where clicking on
"Reply" just rely to the list by default.

> As for those settings, only difference is that I have Download and
> install automatically in security updates, but that should not make
> any difference. There are no security updates for stretch anyway.
> Perhaps some settings under /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ are different, or I
> simply have some package installed that you are missing. Are you sure
> that you do not get any notifications at all? Those are located under
> clock and calendar with this version of Gnome. You can open them with
> Super+m combination of keys. Also, if you do update in terminal
> before those notifications get chance to show up, they will not be
> displayed. And once you do update, they are gone too.

The only special configuration I have in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d is a file
to avoid debconf prompts on update:
Dpkg::Options {
   "--force-confdef";
   "--force-confold";
}

Absolutely sure that I did not have any update notifications since
install (2 months ago). As I did not installed gnome metapackage but
instead installed each packages manually, I may have missed an important
package.