Re: Desktop Background Bites the Dust

On 05/19/2017 09:19 PM, David Christensen wrote:
> On 05/18/2017 09:52 PM, Michael Milliman wrote:
>> I have no clue what happened, but the desktop background picture has
>> ceased to be displayed. I'm not even sure where to look to troubleshoot
>> the problem.  The salient information is: OS is fully updated Testing,
>> MATE desktop environment.  I have attempted to re-set the desktop
>> background via both system settings and via right-click->set desktop
>> background on the desktop to no effect.  Thinking that probably the
>> issue was associated with my normal login (the only one on the system),
>> I created a new user from root terminal and logged in with newly created
>> skeleton home folder; the problem persisted with the new user, so it is
>> a system-wide issue.  Past that, I have no clue.  Any ideas/help will be
>> greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>>

> I've been having problems with Xfce wallpaper on Debian 8.8 for a month
> or more.  It broke after an apt-get update/ apt-get upgrade.  I filed a
> bug report, received one reply, tried the suggestions to no avail, and
> replied.  I'm still waiting for a response:

This also appears to be a different problem, as I can (as far as all
software indications) change the picture and its geometry, but have
nothing actually displayed on the screen.  My desktop is black with the
various icons displayed on top of it regardless of my selections of
picture and/or geometry.  I have tried selecting the pictures that come
with the distribution as well as pictures in my personal folders, to no
avail; all I get is a black background.

--
73's,
WB5VQX -- The Very Quick X-ray