Re: (OT) problem with unknown software

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 8:33 AM, ghe <ghe@slsware.net> wrote:
> For several days, I've been getting email from myself, with no date,
> title:

Why the lack of date and title I can't say. Perhaps some configuration issue.

> Problem: /dev/sdd is UNKNOWN at 2017-05-18 11:56:30 from sbox
> (<correct IP>)
>
> The body:
>
> /dev/sdd () is Unavailable
>
> The Received: header:

>         by srv.slsware.net (srv.slsware.net) with ESMTP id 5701F2C06E2
>         for <ghe@slsware.net>; Thu, 18 May 2017 11:56:29 -0600 (MDT)

Set to log boot errors to e-mail, probably.

> #1: There is, for sure, a /dev/sdd on the machine (it's half of md1, the
> number 2 RAID1 array), and
>
> #2: I can't remember what I installed (with Aptitude, almost certainly)
> that's doing this.

Setting, rather than installed package.

> Does anyone know what piece of bent software can find /dev/sda, b, and
> c, but not sdd? Or what I did to break it?
>
> --
> Glenn English

Boot up process.

/dev/sdd is taking a long time to come on line for some reason.

--
Joel Rees

One of these days I'll get someone to pay me
to design a language that combines the best of Forth and C.
Then I'll be able to leap wide instruction sets with a single #ifdef,
run faster than a speeding infinite loop with a #define,
and stop all integer size bugs with a bare cast.

More of my delusions:
http://reiisi.blogspot.com/2017/05/do-not-pay-modern-danegeld-ransomware.html
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html