Re: an fstab question

On 10/05/17 14:50, Martin McCormick wrote:
One of the suggestions for improving the longevity of solid-state drives is
to mount them using the noatime flag which reduces the number of
times that inodes are written to. if I try something like:
UUID=[string] /               ext4 errors=remount-ro 0       1
It works. If I put relatime there, that works but if I use
noatime, the line is flagged as bad.
	The man page for mount shows noatime and relatime so why
does noatime not work?
Many thanks.
Martin McCormick

Martin, please show us the failing line. noatime works fine for me in fstab:

/dev/mapper/vg-root / ext4 noatime,errors=remount-ro 0 1

mount confirms that it is being honoured:

/dev/mapper/vg-root on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director