Re: Only root can write on USB disk

On Thu, May 04, 2017 at 05:12:39PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Thursday 04 May 2017 16:22:46 Mostafa Shahverdy wrote:
> > this is my fstab line:
> >

> > /dev/sdh1 /media/mostafa/flash_h1 auto user,rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
>
> it doesn't include what Greg suggested.  He suggested:
> "-o uid=youruser"
>
> You have auto user and nosuid.  Those more knowledgeable than I will have to
> tell you exactly how to integrate Greg's advice.  I would almost certainly
> get it wrong!

I'd start with:

sudo mount -o uid="$LOGNAME" /dev/sdh1 /media/mostafa/flash_h1

(Except I would actually just type out my login name because that's
easier than "$LOGNAME".)

Once you get it working from the command line, THEN you can try to
figure out how to put that into /etc/fstab.  I don't know how "user"
and "uid=" are going to collide, so good luck with that.