Re: is there a firewall which blocks the connection

	Hi.

On Wed, 3 May 2017 11:27:39 +0100
Abdelkader Belahcene <abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I installed the latest release of linuxlite,

It seems that you have lost your way. Allow me to point you into right
direction:

https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/

> The  openssh-server is installed, i can access from the local machine via
> ssh,  but not from a remote machine.
> Something like a firewall blocks the connexion ???  the connection ??. I
> didn't activate any firewall , I use it as I installed it.

A documentation of this distribution mentions that you should, to quote
'Add a Firewall Rule to allow VNC traffic IN'. Presumably something
similar should be done with SSH.

https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/network.html

> I have the same problem with xrdp:   I can connect with rdesktop from the
> local machine , but not from a remote one

See above, replace SSH with RDP.

> for this reason I suspect firewall, if so hoe to disable it !!

Don't disable it. Just allow whatever incoming connections you need.

Reco