Re: Old, stale bug reports (bug triage)

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 02:53:28AM +0200, Felix Dietrich wrote:

> When closing, annote the bug with found/fixed version information.
> If you are using the bts command-line helper, you could do
> (for the ficftional bug number ABCDEF, which was found in a version
> 2016.15-4, and fixed in a version 2017.4-1):
>
> 	bts found ABCDEF 2016.15-4 , fixed it 2017.4-1 , done it 2017.4-1

I hadn't come across that helper program, yet.  Thank you.

> At the end of the day, if the maintainer disagrees, they can reopen the
> bug.

I followed Ben Finney's advice and sent an email to the report
requesting information regarding the current state of it.  I will wait
awhile for a response before I am going to close the bug report.

> Thank you for wanting to make Debian better!

Thank you for doing so already.

--
Felix Dietrich