Re: Secure boot - Uefi installation

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Karagkiaouris Diamantis <diamantis.karagkiaouris.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear All,

How can i install debian with UEFI support? Is there any simple tutorial?
Also do i have to disable the secure boot and then proceed with uefi installation?
I have tried but then a message "could not authenticate boot media" emerges and the boot stop right there.
I am new to debian and i don't want to abandon for this silly reason.

Thank you

I thought I had kept notes when I did this, but I can't find them.

I installed on a Dell (don't recall the model number now, but it's a recent model), and I found that the firmware appears to be buggy, in that you can specify a UEFI installation to boot, and it shows the setting you enter, but it ignores that setting and boots only to the default installation, which is something like "\boot\default\boot64.efi".

The only way I could get around it was to create a separate \default directory (or whatever the default directory name was - I don't now remember) and copy my debian64.efi (or whatever it was) file into that directory, renamed as boot64.efi (or whatever the default name was that it was looking for).

Stupid firmware programming!

--
Kent West                    <")))><