Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 5:23 AM, GiaThnYgeia <GiaThnYgeia@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>
> Catherine Gramze:
>> /snip...
>
> I did not ask for advice on what to do, we are discussing the freedom of
> choice, remember?

Yes, your freedom of choice to attempt to do something ridiculous. Making
choices that are not within the realm of the possible indicates a faulty thought
process.

> What business of catering is Debian in?
> Technological developing and progressing future was what we live in.

So try joining us here, instead of in your fantasy.

> Then Debian-hierarchy should skip all this open and free moralization it
> plasters all over the place and just stick to non-free industrialists'
> puppets they have become, those decision makers, not debian!
>
> Debian is all about choice!  It is just like claiming the same to the
> shoppers in the wal-mart racks, at this stage.

You seem to be confusing RHEL with Debian. Critical decisions like
switching to systemd or dropping support for ancient hardware are
not made capriciously, or because "industry" wants it, but are voted
on by the Debian community. Sometimes just the developers, sometimes
the users as well.

You do still have the option of using ancient hardware. You just might
have to use an older version of Debian with it. That is the logical
consequence of your peculiar hardware choice.

> What is your interest in defending the authorities of this hierarchy?
> Are they hiring or are you already in?

At one time I began the process to become a Debian package maintainer,
but made the switch to Apple instead. So, no, I am only a user. I defend
the "hierarchy" because I have some understanding of how it actually works,
which is messy because it is democratic. You seem to be assuming some
corporate structure and employees, which is not the case. Debian runs on
volunteer labor. The developers elect the "boss" aka the project manager.
They take Free Software seriously, donating their evening and weekend time
and expertise to Debian while they work day jobs.

Cathy