Re: how to force mysql to use the name of my machine instead of localhost

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:51:56 +0100
Abdelkader Belahcene <abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:

> My  machine  has another name than localhost like lite.bela.umbb,
> when I install mysql, it always takes the the localhost as the name
> of the machine. this yields in a problem for me, when I use for
> example wordpress and I want a remote connection.  because the
> localhost stored in DB is irrelevant from a remote machine.
>
> The question is : how to force mysql to use the name of my machine
> instead of localhost  for mysql server

Mysql does not have or need a machine name. What problem are you having?
What are you trying to do and what error messages are you getting?

If it is a problem with mysql account privileges, then change them.

Mysql user privileges depend on the name of the user and the name of
the machine the user is connecting *from*. The name of the machine that
mysql is running on is irrelevant, and would be needed only when
setting up the connection on the remote machine using the mysql server's
hostname.

--
Joe