Re: Almost all gpg2 operations hang after upgrade to stretch/testing

Le septidi 17 germinal, an CCXXV, Nathanael Schweers a écrit :
> connect(6, {sa_family=AF_UNIX,
> sun_path="/run/user/1000/gnupg/S.gpg-agent"}, 34) = 0
> read(6,
>
> It seems to me that strace shouldn’t just stop in the middle of an
> argument list, but I might be wrong.

It is perfectly normal. strace will print the contents of the buffer
that has just been read, but for that, it must wait that the syscall
finished.

Thus, we know that the problem is the agent not responding at all to the
client. stracing the agent may give more information.

>  5307 pts/4    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto --exclude-dir=.bzr
> --exclude-dir=CVS --exclude-dir=.git --exclude-dir=.hg
> --exclude-dir=.svn -i gpg

As a side note, you might be interested to know "git grep"; it greps
tracked files but not the repository, and even works when working out of
tree.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George