Re: unattended upgrades does not do anything

I'm going to break my own self-imposed rule on top-posting to make sure
you see my exhortation not to cc me as I am subscribed to the list

On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 01:20:56AM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 April 2017 20:29:26 Gregor Zattler wrote:
> > Hi Mark, debian users,
> >
> > * Mark Fletcher <mark27q1@gmail.com> [2017-04-03; 21:08]:
> > > On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 06:04:16PM +0200, Gregor Zattler wrote:
> > > There's another thread recently (during March, I think) on this mailing
> > > list about the same subject. The gyst is you need to do a
> > > dpkg-reconfigure unattended-upgrades after installation to create some
> > > config files needed to make the upgrades actually happen.
> >
> > Yupp, I read this then and I did the dpkg-reconfigure to no
> > avail.  On April 2nd at 11:19 local time I purged and reinstalled
> > unattended-upgrades.  According to the log file
> > unattended-upgrade run on April, 2nd at 11:20 local time but did
> > not find anything to upgrade.  But actually there was a security
> > announcement on March, 28th and when I do apt-get update; apt-get
> > upgrade manually apt proposes to upgrade the eject package.  And:
> > unattended upgrades did not run yesterday or today.
> >
> > This is all very strange.
> >
> > Ciao; Gregor
>
> As the OP of the above mentioned earlier thread I should point out that I have
> not got unattended-upgrades working either.  But I only wanted it as a
> temporary solution, so I have given up.

I am going to have a go at getting unattended-upgrades to work sometime
in the next few days, I will post back what my results, even if the only
thing that results is sympathy for your situation and a "me-too!"

Mark