Chaos of confusion RESOLVED - was [Re: When specifying path to file - confused about ./ and ~/]

On 03/27/2017 06:14 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:

Please avoid trying to briefly explain.
Please refer me to a good web page.
I *KNOW* I'm missing something fundamental.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 11:25:30PM +1100, David wrote:

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/unix1.html
http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/unix2.html

Sections 1.4, 1.6 part 2, and 2.1 demonstrate use of '.' and '~' to
represent directory names.

To the best of my knowledge, '.' is intrinsic to the filesystem