Re: DPKG install fails with read only filesystem on non read-only filesystem

Hello again,

this is a wonderful case where rubberduck-debugging might have made
sense. Right after submitting this mail I found the error.

The webserver that runs the install script has a systemd unit with
ProtectSystem=full
set.

This prevents writes to /usr even though its not specifically read only.
Since with sudo its a subprocess of the parent this restriction also
applies to the install script.

Sorry for the spam, I hope this entry might help future people with a
similar problem,
Felix