Re: aptitude is dangerous - any replacement?

> On 2017-03-21 16:21:25 +0100, Nemeth Gyorgy wrote:
>>> Yes, but one can't exclude a package listed by apt-listbugs.
>> You can. Just press 'h' (hold), and don't continue apt-get.
> I didn't know that apt-listbugs could do that. This is not documented
> and I've never tried.
>
>> On the next apt-get start this package will be in 'hold' state. And
>> later apt-listbugs will unhold the package automatically when the
>> bug is closed.
> One problem is that maintainers sometimes forget to close bugs
> (in particular if the bug has been fixed by upstream). It would
> be better to ask again when a new version is available (a bit
> like aptitude's "freeze" feature).

I currently use sid on my desktop (so bugs are relatively frequent) and
usually don't have to unhold packages manually. I didn't analyze
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/aptlistbugs/aptcleanup deeply (this is in the
cron.daily file), but I think it also checks the version. Code snippet:

# are bugs that the user fears still affecting unpinned_candidate_version ?
    $stderr.puts "Checking bug(s) #{feared_list} for
#{pkg_key_with_vers}" if $DEBUG
    optionB = nil
    if feared_list != "" and feared_list != nil
      optionB = "-B #{feared_list}"
    end

So it seems that version check is also in the script.