Re: Croatian keyboard

Firstly, I would try using external keyboard and upgrade to Debian Stretch. That may solve your hardware issue (newer kernel). There is a considerable version difference between the stable and testing at the moment. Stretch is essentially frozen and is very stable. You are unlikely to experience additional problems.

Secondly, if you are still experiencing issue I would check 'dmesg' output to determine how device identifies itself.

Once you are done with that, remapping the keyboard itself should be trivial.