Re: MTI camera and Hauppauge PVR-150 framegrabber.

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 12:03:58PM -0800, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> The Hauppauge PVR-150 framegrabber is installed in a PC
> and an old MTI camera is connected for tests.
>
> The camera output appears to be recognized by the V4L2
> Test Bench.  A screenshot, with the camera on, is here.
> http://easthope.ca/MTItoPVR150screen.jpg
>
> If the camera is powered off the "image" changes from the
> screenshot to scattered lines.
>
> I expect the image to be a 2x3 or 3x4 rectangle rather than
> the narrow band in the screenshot.  Synchronization is
> failing?  Faulty framegrabber?

There are a lot of settings that are available to tweak with
v4l2-ctl; it's in the v4l-utils  package, if you haven't
installed that yet.

I would start with making sure the cable to the camera is good,
then check that you've set the right input.

-dsr-