Re: How to disable dhclient to control the interfaces with NetworkManager?

On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:44:34 +0330
Farhad Mohammadi Majd <farhadbenyamin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello, I did install Debian GNU/Linux v8.7 through NetInstall option,
> during installation I did not select any Desktop Environment for
> install on system, only `standard utilities', after finish the
> installation, I did use `aptitude' to install xorg, gnome-shell,
> gnome-session and some parts of GNOME without recomended packages.
>
> Now anytime on system booting, dhclient automatically connects the
> interface to network and I just know to use `ifdown' by root user to
> turn off the interface.
>
> I want to disable dhclient to control the interface with
> NetworkManager by regular user.
>
> How is this possible?
>
> Sorry for my bad english; Thanks for help.

If Network Manager is installed, it should also be managing any wired
connections. Dhcpclient should not be overriding NM.

I don't have an NM installation to hand at the moment, but it is
possible to edit the properties of any interface to connect
automatically or not. Try left- or right-clicking the network icon and
there should be an entry for configuration. It's a long time since I
used it last.

I recall having several fixed IP addresses that I wanted to switch a
laptop between to troubleshoot a network, and any number of
configurations can be created and called by name. All were set to
manual connection.

--
Joe