Re: procmail, when were the last rights administered?

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 09:29:37PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> And what replaces it in the MTA dept?

I still use procmail myself, but I do think about moving away one day.

If you are using Exim, and if your mail arrival route is via your Exim
(you mention fetchmail in follow-up email but I am not sure whether or
not fetchmail will route the fetched mail via the local MTA), then you
could take a look at Exim filters. I've been recommended them a few
times but they can't do everything you can achieve with procmail (and,
I think vice versa)

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/filter_ch-forwarding_and_filtering_in_exim.html

Otherwise investigate Sieve as others have said.

--
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.