No sound-inputs but sound recording FMIT

OK, I did some testing on an other machine with a testing installation,
downloaded FMIT (an instrument tuner that will pickup audio inpur/analog
and tell you all kinds of stuff about the wave that is fed).
Same exact behavior, hardware only lists two audio inputs and are both
unplugged.  The lower the db threshold for sound recording the more
apparent the sound becomes.  Each nock on the box shows corresponding
amplification of that noise.

Ok, so I picked up 2-3 live debian based USB sticks I have.  I plugged
then in to 3 different machines, downloaded FMIT and run it.  Similar
results.  So it has nothing to do with my configuration of stuff.  I say
if some software is picking up sound from your environment and records
it when no inputs are plugged in I would call this a "security" issue
not a malfunction.

It probably has nothing to do with the program itself but its
dependencies and some code feeding in wrong data as audio input.  But it
is actual sound