Re: Secure Boot won't let boot into Debian

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

> I frehly installed Debian Sid in dual boot with Windows 10 on my brand
> new Lenovo desktop pc but it won't boot into Debian system I suspect
> because of the new Secure Boot policy.  I want to disable it but the
> problem is that there's no Secure Boot option anywhere in its Bios.
> In fact, in the Security submenu, there are only the options for
> administrator and power-on password setting.

> What do you suggest me to do?

As far as I know support for Security Boot is not quite ready in Debian.
It is getting there, but it is not yet complete.

Last I heard from this (from Ben Hutchings I believe) the status was as
following:

 - the kernel is signed, but this is a manual process, needs automating
   + this in turn needs a secure way to store and access the key
     on a server -> a HSM
 - the bootloader shim was sent to be signed by Microsoft

See also https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=820036 and
https://wiki.debian.org/SecureBoot

Grüße,
Sven.