Re: Automatically spoof MAC address when interface is brought down

Hello,

Thank you for you answer.

On 2017-02-08 16:38, Michael Lange wrote:
Does this help:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AnonymizingNetworkMACAddresses
?

No :(

That is strange, the file already exists (it is a symbolic link):

su
ls -la /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Feb 9 2015 macchanger -> ../../macchanger/ifupdown.sh*

cat /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/macchanger

Output: http://pastebin.com/raw/wmyJf5h8

So, even though the script is there, it does not seem to work.

CA

PS. note that it might be a relic of a previous attempt at this, I try to achieve this behavior from now and then but I constantly fail and end up doing the work manually via the cli :(