Keys management (SSH, GPG)

Hello,

I am a Debian 8.7 user.

# SSH

I would like to know if there is an efficient way to manage SSH keys?

I have multiple SSH keys (rsa, ed25519) that I use all day long to either connect to servers via ssh or to work with on remote servers.

I would like to know if there it is possible to unlock my keys (being prompted once for their passwords) when the my session starts and keep them unlocked until the session is closed.

I have found information about ssh-agent and ssh-add but it doesn't provide the behavior that I would like to reach in the sense that I have to manually...

eval `ssh-agent -s`
ssh-add /path/to/my-key1
ssh-add /path/to/my-key2
ssh-add /path/to/my-key3
ssh-add /path/to/my-key4

... every time I open/close my session (while I would like to just have to provide my passwords). Furthermore, it seems that my ed25519 keys do not remain cached for more than a couple of minutes (while the rsa4096 ones remain without problem).

# GPG/PGP

This list is probably not the right place to ask but I will give it a shot.

The question is quite the same for PGP/GPG. I use GPG/PGP extensively via Thunderbird and its Enigmail extension. There are known issues between Gnome Keyring and gpg-agent [1]. I would like to achieve what is described above for SSH, namely being prompted once per session for my GPG (whatever key) password and that's it.

I also extensively use the "pass" command-line tool (GPG based, password manager- awesome!) which prompts me for my password every now and then. A cached unlocked GPG key would be tremendously useful here too.

[1] https://wiki.gnupg.org/GnomeKeyring

Thank you in advance for your help,
CA