Re: upgrade failed debian 8.7

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017, at 17:52, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, 04 Feb 2017, Mike Nunn wrote:
>
> >> /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-block/ORDER ignored: not executable
>
> > Is /tmp mounted "noexec"?  Just Don't Do It[tm].  The system will break
> > in hideously crazy, suprising ways.  BTW, this is also valid for the
> > filesystem hosting whatever directory $TMPDIR (and $TEMP, $TMP...)
> > points to.
>
> The above output seems to be normal, I get the same on my system.

Argh.  Indeed, a boot hang could/would happen should you get exec
failures on the ORDER files that are *inside* the initramfs, i.e. if the
file reported as not being executable was something like this:

/var/tmp/mkinitramfs_########/scripts/local-block/ORDER

(and yes, it is /var/tmp and not /tmp as I said...  My recollection of
this very obscure issue was slightly corrupted by time :-( )

I failed to notice the path on the ORDER files it was reporting as not
being able to execute, I apologize for that.

--
  Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>