Why gets unattended-upgrades installed after Debian jessie -> Debian stretch upgrade?

The unattended-upgrades was not installed on my Debian jessie system.
After upgrading to Debian stretch, the package unattended-upgrades got
installed. 'reverse-depends unattended-upgrades' [1] did not make me any
wiser. There must be a gap of my apt knowledge. Can anyone shed light on
this please?

Best regards,
Patrick

[1]
Reverse-Recommends
* education-common
* python3-software-properties

Reverse-Depends
* parl-desktop
* plinth

Packages without architectures listed are reverse-dependencies in:
amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, hurd-i386, i386, kfreebsd-amd64,
kfreebsd-i386, mips, mips64el, mipsel, powerpc, ppc64el, s390x