SCSI rescan (Mint 17.3)

Hi,

I'm updating wiki documentation for one of our systems, which has an LTO tape drive hooked up to an HP P411 SAS RAID controller.

In the good old days of the cciss driver we could issue the following command to get the drive recognised if the system had been booted without it being switched on:

   echo rescan >/proc/scsi/cciss/6

According to things I have read, the following should work with a modern system:

   echo 1 >/sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan

But all I get is an error message if I try that. Does anyone have an idea of where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!

Paul.